THIS is a game changer! Seriously. Let’s start from the beginning.
I’ve tried Shirataki noodles about 5 times now and this is the only time I’ve ever gotten past bite number 3 – let alone finish a whole plate, a whole bag (which is about 2 servings).
If you’ve tried Shirataki noodles before then you know they can be unpleasant – that ends now!
- shirataki noodles (pasta zero)
- green onions
- garlic powder
- cayenne powder
- soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- Put some water to boil and add garlic powder to it. A few shakes.
- Don’t smell the noodles.
- Rinse the noodles in cold water.
- After you rinse the noodles, rinse them again
- They’re usually really long so I cut them up at this point and set them aside.
- Prepare the shrimp: (mine were frozen already cooked)
- defrost and remove the tail
- mix with oil, garlic powder and cayenne powder
- Add rinsed noodles to BOILING water and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the shrimp (not very long, don’t want it too rubbery)
- Strain noodles, remove shrimp (leave a little bit of the juices) from pan and put the noodles in the pan.
- Add green onions and soy sauce, stir till the color of the noodles change.
- Add the shrimp back and just stir for a little on low heat.
- Serve, consume and realize noodles on Keto is possible!
The key thing here is to boil the noodles in garlic water!! Thank you @100lbchallenge for the tip!
Frozen shrimp is not ideal for this but it was all I had, I’ll buy raw shrimp next time.
I had an old packet of Cayenne Pepper Sauce you get from Chinese take out and used that, need to find it in bottle or make my own.
This was GREAT! I vow to make an edible Italian dish with Shirataki noodles!