- 2 tsp yeast
- ⅓ c. warm water
- .5 tsp. sugar (necessary for yeast)
- 1 c. Carbquik (6 net carbs)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- Soften yeast in water and sugar, let sit for a few minutes. Add the mix and baking soda. Knead for a few minutes until it becomes dough like. Took my wife about 5 minutes.
- I let it rest while covered for about 25 minutes, didn’t really rise much. Longer may have been better, giving it more time to rise.
- We added a little bit of oil on top of parchment paper and patted it flat as wide as we could with our hands – no roll pin 🙁
- We brushed the dough with some olive oil and topped it with very light sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- We then baked it in 425 degree oven for about 18 minutes.
Personally, I’m over all the cheese, almond/coconut flour and/or cauliflower pizzas – starting to hate the taste. I’ve had Carbquik for a while and even tried making a pizza with it but I
didn’t do it right. Last night I did it right!
Well, the wife did it right – I was watching the kid. Anyways, we pretty much followed this recipe but we reduced it.
It’s definitely the best PIZZA TASTING Keto Pizza I’ve ever had.
The dough was biscuit-ish at times, sort of toasted croissant. A bit dry. I may try adding some butter to it. Still better than dough made out of cheese, almond/coconut flour and/or cauliflower in my opinion.
I used regular canned tomato sauce, very bland flavor. Next time I’ll use my Roa Tomato Basil Sauce. Neither really have the pizza sauce flavor tho 🙁
I’d like it thinner next time so I definitely need to find my roll pin.
I plan to make pigs in a blanket, cheese sticks and brownies. And pancakes!
If I don’t see a weight stall or bloatness we good!
If I do then I’ll be sad again lol