- 2 tsp yeast
- ⅓ c. warm water
- .5 tsp. sugar (necessary for yeast)
- 1 c. Carbquik (6 net carbs)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- Soften yeast in water and sugar, let sit for a few minutes. Add the mix and baking soda. Knead for a few minutes until it becomes dough like. Took my wife about 5 minutes.
- I let it rest while covered for about 25 minutes, didn’t really rise much. Longer may have been better, giving it more time to rise.
- We added a little bit of oil on top of parchment paper and patted it flat as wide as we could with our hands – no roll pin
- We brushed the dough with some olive oil and topped it with very light sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- We then baked it in 425 degree oven for about 18 minutes.
Personally, I’m over all the cheese, almond/coconut flour and/or cauliflower pizzas – starting to hate the taste. I’ve had Carbquik for a while and even tried making a pizza with it but I
didn’t do it right. Last night I did it right!
Well, the wife did it right – I was watching the kid. Anyways, we pretty much followed this recipe but we reduced it.
It’s definitely the best PIZZA TASTING Keto Pizza I’ve ever had.
The dough was biscuit-ish at times, sort of toasted croissant. A bit dry. I may try adding some butter to it. Still better than dough made out of cheese, almond/coconut flour and/or cauliflower in my opinion.
I used regular canned tomato sauce, very bland flavor. Next time I’ll use my Roa Tomato Basil Sauce. Neither really have the pizza sauce flavor tho
I’d like it thinner next time so I definitely need to find my roll pin.
I plan to make pigs in a blanket, cheese sticks and brownies. And pancakes!
If I don’t see a weight stall or bloatness we good!
If I do then I’ll be sad again lol