I’ve done that “mostly melted mozzarella cheese and a little bit of almond flour” pizza a few times and its def not bad but it’s not the best thing ever either. It has a very specific/strong taste that can get tired quick.
I found this other recipe that is mostly almond flour so I decided to give it a go… with a few little changes 😀
This can serve one big dude (me) or 2 little people lol So much for portion control smh
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tbs of melted unsalted butter (may have been to much lol)
- 1 small sprinkle of garlic salt
- few sprinkles of oregano
- about ½ tbs of parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup of shredded mozzarella (crust)
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella (topping)
- ¼ cup of sauce (Mezzetta Homemade-Style Marinara Pasta Sauce)
What I did:
- I mixed everything together except the toppings.
- Then I spread it out on some parchment paper (top & bottom)
- I put it in the oven for 11 min at 400 – check it at 9 min though – I may have taken it out sooner if I wasn’t distracted smh
- I added my toppings: mozzarella cheese, mexican cheese, sauce & pepperoni.
- I put it in the oven at broil for like 3 minutes max
It wasn’t bad… like at all – but it isn’t something I HAVE to make weekly. I prefer the crust flavor compared to that mostly cheese crust. Also, garlic salt is strong as shit so be careful with that.
6.5 outta 10