I have a history with cauliflower and it’s not very good. I’ve tried making cauliflower mash a few times and both times I had to throw it away because I couldn’t stand the taste. Even boiling it in chicken broth didn’t help. I gave up on cauliflower. I’d eat it mixed with other veggies at a restaurant but I wasn’t going to waste my time trying crazy recipes to not like it at the end. Never tried cauliflower rice and/or cauliflower pizza. Trader Joe’s just changed all that.
As most of you know, Trader Joe’s recently started selling frozen cauliflower rice for $1.99 (3 servings) – well worth it to me since I didn’t want to waste my time making cauliflower rice just in case I did’t like it.
I bought 4 bags… soooooooooooooo worth it! Also, the first few times I went to buy it, they were sold out so I had to make sure to stock up.
This is the ONLY way I will eat cauliflower rice and it’s the only way you’ll WANT to eat it after you try it!
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- taco seasoning
- cauliflower rice (1 serving)
- diced onions/tomatoes/green peppers (I bought the already cut kind)
- Mexican cheese blend
- 1 chicken breast
- If possible, marinate your chicken first (I used some lime and Mexican spices).
- Defrost the cauliflower rice (a minute in the microwave should be fine).
- Saute the onions/tomatoes/green peppers in some oil for about 3 minutes. (Temp = medium high)
- Add the rice and mix. (Temp = medium) A good time to add some salt as well.
- Add some taco seasoning to about 1/3 cup of water and mix well, then add it to the rice and mix till the rice gets some color.
- Put it on low and cook your chicken.
- When you’re about half way done with your chicken, throw some cheese on top of the rice so it can start melting.
- Once the chicken is done, you have 2 choices. Mix it with the chicken or keep it on the side. Mixing it reminds me of Arroz con Pollo!
- Don’t forget to add your favorite hot sauce, I use Tijuana Flat’s Chicken Sh!t sauce – so good!
Either way it tasted great!
Side note: I downloaded Magisto to my phone and it surprised me with this video, had to share!