This WAS awesome! IS awesome since I will continue to have it at least once a week 🙂
The key thing here is PEPPERONI – sandwich size pepperoni. That and some low carb sauce. The sauce I use has 4g net carbs per serving which is ½ cup.
I’ve made this 3 times already, twice with ground beef and once with shredded chicken. I still can’t decide which one i like better!
Ingredients (2 servings)
- ¾ lbs of ground beef
- ½ cup sauce
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 9 slices of pepperoni
This is what I did:
- I cooked the ground beef (added taco seasoning for flavor).
- Once cooked, I mixed it with ½ cup (minus 1 tbs) of sauce.
- I used the 1 tbs of sauce to thinly coat the pan.
- I then laid 3 pepperonis down and sprinkled some mozzarella cheese. (not a lot, 1 cup has to last the whole way.)
- I then put half the ground beef and sprinkled a little more mozzarella cheese.
- I then added ¼ cup of ricotta cheese and sprinkled a little more mozzarella cheese plus some parsley.
- Then I laid down 3 more pepperonis and did the above steps again. Cheese, beef, cheese, ricotta, cheese.
- Then the last 3 pepperonis plus the rest of the mozzarella cheese and some more parsley.
- I put it in the oven at 400 till the top got a little crispy.
No more then 6g of net carbs per serving. 1 for dinner and 1 for lunch and it may have tasted better reheated!