Skirt Steak & Asparagus
My NEW favorite Keto dinner!
These are the steps I took to make an AMAZING dinner – well worth last night’s adventure 🙂
- I took the skirt steak out of the fridge a good 30-40 minutes before I started cooking it. Let it get to about room temperature. (NOT a good idea I’ve learned – so don’t!)
- I then pat dried both sides and seasoned one side with Light Salt (has more potassium but sea salt would be good as well).
- I had been preheating the oven at 400. I got my asparagus and coated it with some olive oil and then topped it off with some Light salt and black pepper.
- I had them in the oven for about 15 min then I broiled them for about 3-5 min. (Make sure you keep an eye on them).
- As the asparagus was in the oven I cooked the steak in a cast iron (that I also had preheated for about 10 min).
***My cast iron produces a lot of smoke so I’ll be cooking with it outside from now on***
- I put the steaks salt side down and then seasoned the other side with some garlic powder.
- I DIDN’T touch the steaks for a few minutes, I like mine a little burnt on the outside so I waited for that and then flipped them.
- After the new side looked like the other side I took them off to see how pink they were – they needed a little more time so I put them back on top but no more then 2-3 minutes. Again, I don’t mind the outside crispy as long as the inside is pink and juicy 😉
Like I said, above – this dinner was AMAZING! Simple, easy and tasty! I plan to make this dinner at least once a week now (when I work our the smoke issue lol).
As always – keep it simple, keep it keto…