So I finally tried a Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake 😀
It wasn’t bad at all!
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute of choice (I used Splenda)
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp heavy cream/almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Spray the mug with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Set aside. In a separate, slightly larger bowl, mix cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and salt. Add cream/milk, vanilla, and egg to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add baking powder and mix again.
- Firmly tap the mug on the counter to release any large air bubbles.
- Cook for around 1 minute 20 seconds, depending on your microwave. The top of the cake should be solid. Flip cake onto a plate to cool.
- Top with whipped cream or berries if desired.
Next time I’m only going to put it in the microwave for 60 seconds instead of 80 and I’ma add more sweetener – besides that, NOT BAD ALL lol
PLUS I got that whipped heavy cream… mmmmmmmm